Takamaru is a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Rumble. He is a medium character with high speed and medium attacks. He has received a promotion since the last game, as he was only an assist trophy.
|Universe||The Mysterious Murasame Castle|
|Appears in||Super Smash Bros. Rumble|
Takamaru became a hero when he ventured through Japan to defeat the aliens who had taken over the Grand Murasame Castle. He now lives a more peaceful life, but is willing to fight if the occasion arises.
Abilities & Strategy
Takamaru, like Link, is a medium swordsman with an excellent projectile game. His play style is unique, but does not take a lot of getting used to. He is quick with his sword movements, and makes up for his small reach with his shurikens. Being a medium character, he is not super easy to K.O.. Downsides include a lack of recovery options, along with the occasional difficulty of finishing the opponent.
- Jab - Two quick slashes followed by one more powerful downward slash 8%
- Up - Hits upward with the hilt of his sword 8%
- Side - Holds sword backwards and slashes around with tip 9%
- Down - A ridiculously fast slice (while crouching, of course) similar to Marth's 7%
- Neutral - A kick similar to Link's 8%
- Up - A very fast upward swing with impressive knockback and power 15%
- Forward - A quick downwards slash useful for follow-ups 10%
- Down - Swings sword downwards; sweet spot spikes 14%
- Back - Drives hilt of sword back; similar to Shulk's 13%
- Neutral - Inner Focus - Charges up energy the longer held; makes direct hits do more 0%
- Up - Blade Leap - Jumps incredibly high; like Sonic's, attacks and Air Dodges can still be executed 7%
- Side - Windmill Swords - Tosses three Windmill Swords at a time in different directions 6%
- Down - TBA
- Up - Sudden upward swing with a large range and arc 15-27%
- Side - Slams sword in a downward arc; surprisingly low lag time 15-27%
- Down - Smashes sword into ground; creates small shockwave 13-24%