|Pokémon Dusk & Dawn|
The Pokémon Company
|Release Date||October 12, 2017|
|Predecessor||Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire|
Pokémon Dusk Version and Pokémon Dawn Version are brand new installments to the Pokémon series. They mark the beginning of the seventh generation. They introduce 175 new Pokémon, along with new towns, storylines, and characters. Unlike the previous generation, no new types are introduced.
The story varies slightly between versions, much like Ruby and Sapphire's Team Aqua/Magma situation. Dawn focuses mostly on Team Frost, while Dusk is centered around a currently unknown team.
The game takes place in the new region of Atmus, a land based off of tropical/coastal areas such as Hawaii, California, etc. It is split into three separate islands, each being about 3/5 the size of a normal region. Atmus has an abundance of towns and cities, but the environments in between are a lot more natural and wild than before. It was described by the developers as "Sweeping landscapes accompanied by very modern cities."
Like X and Y, the protagonist has many friends that are recurring characters along the journey. They are mostly foreigners, which is why their names stand out among the rest of the cast.
- Zack (Male/Rival) - The male protagonist of the game. He was born in Unova.
- Sofie (Female/Rival) - The female protagonist of the game. She was born in Unova.
- Hazel (Friend) - The female friend of the protagonists. She is intrigued by the environment and the Pokemon who inhabit it, and prefers to study rather than battle. She is close to Professor Spruce and works with her often. In the story, she meets up with the protagonists on several occasions.
- Dylan (Friend) - The male friend of the protagonists. He is generally quiet and rarely converses. He secretly loves battling, managing to beat several gyms before the protagonist has even reached them.
- Professor Spruce - The female professor of Seasight City. She owns the research lab, but can be seen working out in the field more often than not.
- Ailani (Leader)
- Alice (Commander)
- Francis (Commander)
- Frost Grunt (Male)
- Frost Grunt (Female)
- Rosine - Grass (Woodale Town)
- Dirk - Ground (Breezewind Town)
- Sylvia - Fairy (Skylite City)
- Vlad & Clarice - Ghost (Graville Town)
- Dennis - Steel
- Heath - Fire
- Ariel - Flying
- Seamore - Water
As a tropical region, Atmus is home to several coastal towns and beaches.
- Seasight City - An intimate oceanside city at the edge of Atmus, surrounded by water.
- Woodale Town - A popular town for transporting goods along the river. Located at the border of the forest.
- Sunview City - Most famous for its unrivaled view of the sunset. Golden hills roll along the coast.
- Breezewind Town - The gentle breeze and welcoming atmosphere attract tourists and families alike.
- Skylite City - Defined by its massive skyscrapers and dazzling lights, the busiest city in Atmus is not one to miss.
- Graville Town - An eerie town by the coast. The lighthouse is still operated manually.
The brand new Atmus Pokédex features three different sections, like X and Y, along with the National Dex, which is unlocked after beating the Elite Four and Champion.