Luigi is a veteran returning in Super Smash Bros. Rumble. He is again a starter character. While he remains similar to his previous incarnation in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, there are various move changes, a few involving his Poltergust 5000. He has since been de-cloned.
Luigi has always been in his older brother's shadow. However, despite his cowardly personality, he'll put up quite a solid fight should you choose to mess with him. You don't have to be a star to shine; he certainly proves such a statement.
Abilities & Strategy
- Numerous throw combos
- Multiple recovery options
- Reliable projectile
- Potent kill moves
- Some recovery options are easily gimp-able
- Average speed and the worst traction in the game
Changes From Wii U/3DS
Any move that was previously very similar to Mario's has since been replaced with actions more commonly executed by Luigi in his other appearances. His combo game is for the most part the same as it was previously.
- He now has a wall jump, further improving his already solid recovery and increasing his options off stage.
- Jab - Two punches followed by a hit with his rear 3% -> 2% -> 5%
- Forward tilt - Luigi stabs his hand out (just like his forward smash, but much faster), can be angled 8%
- Up tilt - Luigi swipes his fist over his head 6%
- Down tilt - Luigi kicks his heel out from behind him 8%
- Dash attack - Luigi flails his arms about and then shoves the opponent with his fists 1% -> 1% -> 1% -> 1% -> 1% -> 1% -> 2%
- Forward smash - Luigi thrusts his hand out, can be angled 15% (uncharged) 21% (charged)
- Up smash - Luigi twirls around with his arms out and gains a bit of air 2% -> 3% -> 2% -> 5% (uncharged) 5% -> 6% -> 5% -> 7% (charged)
- Down smash - Luigi holds a hammer from the Paper Mario series above his head and swings downwards 17% (uncharged) 24% (charged)