|Debut||Pokemon Red and Blue Versions|
(February 27, 1996)
- "Charizard, the Flame Pokemon. When competing in intense battles, Charizard's flame becomes more intense as well."
- —Ash's Pokedex on Charizard.
Charizard is a Fire and Flying type Pokemon that commonly appears in the Pokemon games.
Death Battle InformationEdit
- Species: Flame Pokémon
- Type: Fire & Flying
- Height: 1.7 m / 5'07"
- Weight: 90.5 kg / 199.5 Ilbs
- Natural Habitat: Mountains, Valleys
- Personality: Aggressive, Prideful, Warrior Mentality
- HP: 266 - Average
- Attack: 173 - Below average
- Defense: 161 - Below Average
- Sp. Attack: 223 - Above Average
- Sp. Defense: 175 - Average
- Speed: 205 - Above Average
- Dragon Rage
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw (Ghost-type move with increased Critical-hit chance)
- Air Slash
- Wing Attack
- Fire Fang
- Heat Wave
- Fire Spin (Traps target in vortex of flame)
- Flare Blitz (Powerful flaming tackle, deals 33% recoil damage)
- Flame Burst (Burns surrounding area, hits multiple targets)
- Flamethrower (Powerful flame stream, May burn target, Can melt boulders)
Pros & ConsEdit
- Effective against: Grass, Bug, Steel, Fire, Fighting, Fairy
- Weak against: Rock, Water, Electric
- Pro: Great speed & maneuverability
- Pro: Immune to ground-type attacks
- Con: Frail defense
- Con: Difficult to raise & control
- Entrance: Charizard flies in and lands, then roars as it prepares to fight.
- Post-Round Taunt: Charizard stomps the ground and roars.
- Victory: Charizard roars triumphantly and breathes fire.